If you are a member of a health fund it is important prior to your admission to check with them regarding the following:
- That the level of Health Fund Cover adequately covers the cost of the procedure and accommodation outlined in the Fee Estimation Form
- If an excess or co-payment is payable for this admission
- If you have been a member of your Health Fund for less than 12 months your fund may not accept liability for the costs of this admission. For example, if your conditions or any symptoms of your condition existed prior to your joining. If there is a question regarding pre-existing symptoms, your health fund has the option to obtain details in this regard from your GP or specialist
- If the procedure you are having is restricted or excluded from your cover, the health fund will not cover your procedure or accommodation
- Pharmacy and pathology imaging and x-ray may attract an additional charge
Please note that medical practitioners’, allied health practitioners’ and anaesthetists’ fees are billed separately by the practitioner.